Who We Are
Florida Hospital, founded in 1908, is a 2,247-bed tertiary acute care medical center with eight campuses in Central Florida operating under one license. Florida Hospital cares for over one million patients annually - including more Medicare inpatients than any other U.S. hospital - and is the busiest hospital in the nation for inpatient admissions (American Hospital Association). Florida Hospital is a member of Adventist Health System (AHS) - the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare system in the United States (40+ hospitals; more than 43,000 employees; greater than 6,000 licensed beds; 4 million patients annually including inpatient, outpatient, and emergency visits). Adventist Health System operates 45 hospitals in ten states making it the largest not-for-profit protestant health care system in the United States.
Our Clinical Research Departments
Florida Hospital Research Institute has over 500 active studies in 17 research areas covering all facets of research including drug development, surgical techniques and treatment methods from NICU to older adults. Our physician-lead research team ensures the highest regard for participant safety and clinical advancement.
Please click on the research departments to discover more and to see available studies.
- Cancer Research Institute
- Cardiovascular Research Institute
- Celebration Health Research
- Center for CREATION Health Research
- Global Robotics Institute
- Graduate Medical Education
- Center for Interventional Endoscopy
- Neuroscience Research Institute
- Orthopedics Research
- Pediatric Research
- Institute for Surgical Advancement
- Center for Thrombosis Research
- Translational Research Institute for Metabolism and Diabetes (TRI)
- Transplant Research Institute